Saturday, August 8, 2009

Jada Shaner

Jada Shaner
Today at 12:47am
Mr. Javens changed my life... I was a lowly sixth grader and wanted to be in the High School Band as a Majorette. I was so nervous. But I went and auditioned. I got the job and my summers were never the same again. He brought out the best in the band. I haven't heard it play as well since.

"Great results cannot be achieved at once, and we must be satisfied to advance in life as we walk --- step by step." ---Samuel Smiles.

I cannot think of a better man to apply that quote to. He walked step by step with the band for many, many miles! Always pulling a bit more from his players than any other man could.

I always valued his opinion and advice. He was a great teacher. I'm proud to call him an acquaintance and wish him the very best on his 80th birthday!

-----

Sharon,

My aunt adored him, and he her. She also might like to pass along a few words. I'll see what she has to say.

Thanks for thinking of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment